Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting Healthy




Into my late teens I was always very thin. I'm 5'7 and the most I ever weighed was 115lbs wearing a size 0 until I turned 21. Sure, those are the years where you can eat everything and anything and your metabolism is running on overdrive and can burn every last calorie intake in your body. Those years quickly went by and before I knew it I had grown into a size 12 then with a blink of an eye into a size 22 and 100 lbs extra. If I recall correctly the increase of weight was between 2001 and 2006. A lot was going on in my life through those years and I counted on food to comfort me.

I'm one of those people who has read every health/workout book, tried about every single diet, workout video, in the market and failed.  In 2006 I went to see an Endocrinologist who put me on a 1200 calorie diet, which was easy to do as I wasn't restricted to all my favorite foods. He taught me how to read my food labels, and how to eat the correct portions and included light exercise. On his program I lost 57 lbs in a little over than 8 months. Sadly, a year later I went through a small depression and gained the weight back and then some. In 2011 I went back to see him and he suggested I try the HCG diet. This diet became very popular in the last few years, where you ate 500 calories a day and the pounds would just shed away. Yea, I tried it too and lost about 40 lbs and when I later could not afford to continue the plan I put those 40 lbs back on and added another 20.

Throughout the past few years I've struggled with weight loss, my weight would come off and then right back on plus a few. I have no one else to blame but myself for putting on and keeping on the weight for all those years. 

This weekend we went on our final Disney trip of the year and after reviewing our pictures, I was so disappointed at myself and decided that it was time to stop making excuses, and get with the program. 

I'm in a place where my life is starting to make sense, my goals and dreams are starting to become a little more reachable,  I'm happier than I've ever been, and I'm ready to take on the WORLD! Today I say my GOODBYES to my un-healthy WEIGHT, my FAT, and my BAD EATING HABITS forever! It's not going to be easy, "NOTHING GREAT IS EASY" but it's NOT impossible, plus I'm lucky to have the BEST support out there by my side, My Hubs!

This is where I am today...

Measurements:
Hips: 54"                      L Bicep: 15.5"                L Calf: 20"
Waist: 45"                     R Bicep: 15"                  R Calf: 19.5"
Neck: 16"                       L Thigh: 30"
Bust: 49"                        R Thigh: 31"


My goal weight loss: -65 pounds


August 2013










No comments:

Post a Comment