Wednesday, May 1, 2013

All About Me: A-Z Challenge- Letter "A"

 
A few weeks ago I helped my niece with a homework assignment where weekly she had to draw things she likes to do, eat, play, etc. with the letter that they're learning that week.
I thought it was a pretty cool assignment and have decided to give it a twist and take a 26 week challenge where I share with you all a little bit of myself from A to Z.

 
 






 
 
 
 
Auntie.
I'm an auntie to 4 beautiful little girls!
L to R
Sabrina (8), Layla (4), Lydia (6), Samantha (11)
These little girls have taught me to really appreciate the little things in life, like riding the swing at the park or picking up tiny wild flowers. I love their expressions, creativity, the stuff they learn at school, and "the what do you mean you didn't think I knew about those things" comments. I'll never forget one day I was out with my Mom and Lydia and we were at a stop light and all of a sudden she starting singing Alicia Keys, "Girl on Fire". I'm like excuse me, where did you learn that? She replied, my friend Rhianna at school. *SMH*
 
 
Autumn:
Is my favorite Season. Something about the pretty colored leaves, is so breathtaking. I sometimes wish I lived in a state where I can enjoy the 4 seasons. I visited Virginia 2 years ago and remember driving through a road with tons of trees and pictured how beautiful it must look in the fall. Definately planning a trip back during autumn so I can experience it. How could anyone not want to live in a place that looks like this?
 
 
Accident:
I've been in 1 car accident in my entire life.
I'll never forget the day. It was October 31st, 2003.
My brother and I would always fight because he would always take my car whenever he would go out because either he was running late or was too lazy to pump gas. That night he sneaked out and took my car to meet up with his friends. Later that evening I needed to pick up something from the pharmacy and went in my brother's car. All I did was leave the house and drive down the block and BAM I ran the car into a 1980 Mambo Jambo Ford Bronco and smashed the front of my brother's car in, like when you crush a coke can.  Well I hit the Bronco and the Bronco hit the car in front of him, and that car hit the car in front of it. Of course, I got the ticket, to make matters worse my brother's insurance had just expired on the 30th, and since we live in the same household my insurance wouldn't cover the accident...they suspended my license for a year, I had to use public transportation to get to places, and it took me 5 years exactly to pay that accident off. GREAT STUFF! 
 
 
Alchoholic Beverage:
My favorite is: Chocolate Martinis
Strange cause I don't really like chocolate. But after having one of these babies a decade ago I fell in love! Everyone should definately try one of these in their lifetime. And if you want to get crazy, go ahead an order a White Chocolate Martini you won't regret it!
 
 
Apps:
My top 5 most used Apps on my iphone are?
Messages, Mail, Instagram, Words with Friends, and Shazam
 
 
 And that folks...is the All About Me post with the "Letter A"
 
Check back in next week as the challenge continues and get to know more All About Me with the "Letter B".
 
 
 
Hugs!
 
 
 



 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was quite an accident, Libby! Even though the incident is entirely negative, the fact that you clearly remember it is proof that you've learned from it. I'm also happy to know that you never had an accident since that day. You've long paid your dues, but no one's exempt from accidents on the road, so I still wish for your safety. Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

    -Maggie Malone

    ReplyDelete