Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lydia Meets the Alligators

Last month I took a mini trip out west to visit my brother, and as long as I can remember I've always driven down US-41 and have actually never stopped to see the alligators. However, I do remember calling all the tourist crazy for stopping on the side of the road and taking pictures of the alligators, how funny it would be if one would snap at their @ss. Alligators need privacy too, ya know?!

This time around my niece was coming with us, I thought we should stop and be one of the crazy tourists that I was talking about, perhaps I'd be the lucky one to get snapped by an alligator. Along the way I was getting my niece excited about seeing the alligators and she would tell me how she was not getting out of the car and how scared she was about getting eaten by one, but I assured her that if one came close I'd be there to beat them up and rescue my little princess. Little does she know, that I'd just grab her and RUN for our lives. LOL

Here are some pictures I took of her and the alligators.






Did you know? The average size for an adult female American alligator is 8.2 feet and the average size for a male is 11.2 feet. Large males can reach a weight of nearly half a ton or 1,000 pounds. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment