Wednesday, September 19, 2012

There is nothing permanent except change


Happy Humpday my Beautiful Friends!
The weekend is right around the corner! Can you smell it?!
I sure can, I'm super excited about spending some QT with the Huns, watching Nemo in 3D with my little princesses, and watching some FOOTBALL. Hopefully my Boys won't break my heart again this weekend! And it'll be 7 days closer till I see the other love of my life,
ºoº Mickey Mouse ºoº!!!
 
Before I get to my thoughts, what the heck is up with this new blogger design? Or is that I haven't upgraded my blogger and still living in the stone age? Ugh! Dear Mr. or Mrs. Blogger Person, Robot, why must you change stuff and mess with my brain? Really if the old blogger wasn't broke why would you go and change it? Grrr.

Anywho, this is probably my first post ever that I sit and share with the world some of my inner personal thoughts and feelings. Although I won't get into too much detail, today I've FINALLY learned that when you talk about your worries, stress, and some of your problems it helps and ALOT.
 
  This morning I went to see the doctor as promised, the past few weeks I've noticed that my hands and feet are swelling alot and it hurts to walk. I've also noticed some weight change, and some other things in my body that didn't feel right. Yes, I'm hardheaded and sometimes think that things will magically get better and disappear; but doctors and clinics just creep me out. After sitting in the waiting room for what felt like forever, I finally meet with the nurse, she asks me a million questions...checks my temperature, blood pressure, my heart, my height, and my weight; just like any other visit...only that this time, when she tells me the number on the scale I literally had tears in my eyes.  I couldn't believe it, never in my life had I pictured that number, or what it would look or feel like, yet alone see it before my eyes. I shortly met with the doctor and told her why I came to see her, she listened, and then... she pointed over to a weight chart and showed where I stand, for a second I felt disappointed in myself, and she continued and said, "You're a very beautiful woman, and You're young, and I know that if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything and more, BUT if you don't change your lifestyle IMMEDIATELY, and by that I don't mean tomorrow, next week, or next month, I mean TODAY! You're going to die at a young age!" & That was my wake-up call!

I know everyone has struggled with weight loss at some point in their life. I've tried just about every diet out there, purchased all these workout videos, and workout machines, and some have worked but unless you continue to eat right and excercise, the weight comes back and sometimes it even doubles as in my case.
 
2 hours and $131 later, I've realized that NOW is the time to kick @ss!!!
So sad that I had to wait this long and hear it from a stranger to realize it.
 
So I invite you on this new chapter of my life as
I learn to eat and live healthy!

I will post my weekly menus, workouts, tips, pictures, challenges, achievements, etc so be sure to check in with my "I CAN & I WILL" posts. I'd love to hear what has worked for you all.

"There is nothing permanent except change"
 
I must add, my Huns has been the greatest today, he's listened, he's worried, he's cared, he's felt my pain, and held me close as I cried my sad news away... Thank you Baby for being the Greatest! I love you!
 
P.S. Dear Besties' I know you girls are always there for me, and that you're only a phone call away, but I know you too have your day to day issues, and one of  you is running on a low battery backup. :)
I love you girls and just knowing that you're there for me, makes it all better! xo
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hate those moments where you realize something like that. My first day of weight watchers last year I had to weigh in on the shipping scale at work and it was mortifying. I did WW through the end of the year and then switched over to My Fitness Pal, which is free! They have a phone app and website and it's a great way to track calories and exercise. Lots of girls on there too (maybe some of your friends!) that are so motivating. I'm down about 39 and a half lbs now (DYING to really be at 40!!!) and my husband joined in in June and is down 57 lbs already. My username on there is kjpugs- you should check it out! I like that it keeps me accountable. You can do it!!!!!

    Also I took my hubby to see Nemo on Monday :) Can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete