Saturday, August 4, 2012
I was nominated by Simplyy Mayra for the Liebster Award. How cool is that! Thank you Mayra, this totally made my day!
What is a Liebster Award? Well, the word liebster is German literally meaning dearest or favorite. The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some kind of recognition and support for their contribution. I understand followers is a standard term here in blog word but, I'd just like to take the opportunity to express that I personally prefer the terms readers or friends, supporters or even homies. Something about followers cultivates an image of a cult in my head. Nonetheless, I respect those who use it and think no less of them for it. This is just my personal opinion. Having said that, this is how it works.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by a list of rules.
Here they are:
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs.
6) Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts about Me:
1) I love love love Mickey Mouse. It's a must that I visit him atleast twice a year.
2) I wished to have 8 nieces and/or nephews plus 4 kids of my own, so they can stay with me every weekend and have all 12 kids wake up my daddy with hugs & kisses on Sunday mornings. Unfortunately, both my brother and sister stopped after baby #2.
3) I'm a sucker for Daisies.
4) I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
5) I own tons of dresses and skirts, yet only wear them to church or when I haven't done laundry.
6) I never leave my house without my camera...My friends call me Papparazzi Libby
7) Red is my favorite color.
8) I'm terrified of heights, yet I'm dying to go on a hot air ballon ride.
9) I love baking and dream of owning a little bakery in a cute little corner of a cute little country town.
10) I have 3 drawers full of pj's yet wear the same pj's to bed all the time.
11) I have not yet fallen in love with my Iphone...I have to confess I only got it so I can have a Mickey phone case. I miss my EVO :(
Here are Mayra's Questions...
1) When you were a little girl what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a teacher. Believe it or not, today I love kids, and would actually love to be Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher.
2) If $5,000.00 just magically landed on your lap, what would you do?
Hmmm... I'd buy a new car and then go visit Mickey Mouse!
3) You could be any musical instrument for a day...which one and why?
The piano. I've always wanted to take lessons. Something about it is just so beautiful.
4) I gaga-gugu for Vin Diesel and the Rock, who do you gaga-gugu for?
How many can I choose? Both Vin Diesel and the Rock, Chaning Tatum, Chris Evans, Jason Taylor, ok I'll stop here!
5) What's a MUST on your bucket list?
Live Healthy and Forgive someone I haven't.
6) If you could be a cartoon character which one will you choose and why?
Mickey Mouse... he's just so happy and cute!
7) What's your passion?
Photography, I love capturing those one in a lifetime moments.
8) Why did you start blogging?
At first it was because my friends were blogging. I never took the plunge because I wasn't sure what to write about and even if anyone would be interested in my ramblings. After watching Julie & Julia I decided to try it out and see where it would take me. Today, I love it!
9) What inspired the name of your blog?
Having hispanic old-fashioned parents I was kind of restricted to experiencing many things. In the past few years, I've taken advantage of FREEDOM and my girlfriends and lots of traveling have schooled me on lot of things I've missed out on. "It's never too late to learn something new".
10) Any regrets?
Yup...a few. But I take them as lessons learned.
11) If you could visit yourself at age 15 with the wisdom you have now, what would you tell her?
Study, Study, Study, and Explore the world!
Here are my questions...
1) Where are you right now?
2) If you won the lottery today, who is the first person you'd call and why?
3) What's on your key ring?
4) If you could meet one person in your lifetime, past or present, who would it be?
5) How and where did you meet your bestfriend?
6) What was the last place you went on vacation to?
7) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?
8) Look to your right, what do you see?
9) What is your favorite child hood memory?
10) What is something you can never leave your house without?
11) You're stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs, who would you choose to be stuck with?
My nominees are:
1) Andie @ The Adventures of Andie's Traveling Pants
2) Danielle @ The Life of an Ordinary Housewife
3) Sarah @ Any Way the Wind Blows
4) Andi @ Just Another Smith
5) Kara @ Saved by Grace
6) Sara @ Social Sara
7) Laura @ A Day in the Life
8) Whitney @ A Displaced Floridian
9) Sara @ A Buckeye in Badgerland
10) Ginal @ Be Cr8iv
11) Abby @ Akers of Love
I can't wait to read all your answers!
Thanks again Simplyy Mayra for nominating me! You totally ROCK!