Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DOWNTOWN HOLLYWOOD- FOOD TRUCKS

 
 
 
I've been a resident of Hollywood for over 30 days now, and I must say although I miss my hometown and the family, I've finally fallen in love with this place. Yes I'm 50 miles away from the family, but it's one of the prettiest, uncongested, centrally located to everything I like, love and need. The beaches are beautiful and the water is so clear, everyone is friendly, it's way more affordable than Miami, and the traffic is alot less hectic than down south.
 
When I met the Huns he gave me a mini tour of the area, and I have always wanted to explore it a bit more. Whenever I'd come visit him, I'd always see different activities happening at Young's Circle, Downtown Hollywood and have always begged the Babes to take me. Well now that I live here, and am at walking distance to all the pretty lights and happenings, he really doesn't have a choice.
::evil grin::.

I have always wanted to go to a Food Truck, we just never got around to it. When we were in New York in December, I made him buy me cupcakes from a food truck just so I could say I had tried it once.
 
Every Monday night at 7pm, a line of Food Trucks line up at around Young's Circle and I finally got to go! We walked from the house to Downtown, first we walked around to see the different kinds of food there was, and was surprised to see that there was a variety for everyone's tastebuds. Hotdogs,  BBQ, Asian, Chinese, Vegan, Italian, Desserts, Icecream, even Smoothies, they had it all. People brought their children, dogs, even beach chairs and sat around the park to enjoy the yummy food.

We finally decided on Daddy's Grill, from all the other trucks this one was packed and smelled delicious! I had a Big Daddy's Cheeseburger, and the Huns had a Churrasco Combo Special, we also had a churrasco shish kabob, Yum!
How would I rate it? I'd give it 3 stars.
 
 Churrasco meat was cooked really good, it was soft, but was tasteless. The Huns says his sandwich was okay, but didn't love it. I thought my Cheeseburger was DELICIOUS!  We later shared a dulce de leche filled Churro for dessert.
 
 Monday's dinner was quick and affordale...and best of all it was less than $26 with dessert for the both of us.
 
I can't wait till the next time we go.
 
FOOD TRUCKS MONDAYS
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment