Friday, March 1, 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer

 
 
Last Night the Huns and I went to watch "Jack the Giant Slayer in 3D at the Imax theatre. When he first mentioned he wanted to go see it, all I heard was GIANT and SLAYER...ummm sounds SCARY! I don't DO scary movies, like ever. But I'm good sport and tagged along, besides if the movie got too scary or boring I could just take a nap, right? I'm sure the Imax theatre people don't mind taking my $14 for to catch my zzzz's for a few hours.

Yesterday before leaving the office I decided to do some research on the movie just so I was mentally prepared as to what I was going to see. After my research and watching the previews I thought, a fantasy film, this seems kinda boring and we're watching the midnight show, I should be out and snoring within the first 5 minutes.

Jack the Giant Slayer is a fantasy adventure film based on the "Jack the Giant Killer" and "Jack and the Beanstalk". I've never seen or "Jack the Giant Killer" (which again, sounds scary) and have never watched "Jack and the Beanstalk" and as a kid I didn't care much for the story either. The movie is about a boy named Jack who is to rescue a princess from some Giants. To my surprise I watched the entire movie and really enjoyed it. The Huns asked me my thoughts on the movie, and I replied, "well if you would've told me there was a princess in it and a little lovey dovey stuff in it, I would've been a bit more excited."
 
I won't spoil it for you. I say even if you're not into these kind of movies, you give this one a chance.
I'd love to hear your feedback if you've watched it.
 

1 comment:

  1. i love this kind of movie. we'll go see it once we have a night off.

    ReplyDelete