Monday, February 25, 2013

Our First Date...

One year ago yesterday, we went on our very first date with the man who till this day still gives me butterflies and today I'll share a little about that day.

We had already been talking for weeks and the conversations were great and never ending. Felt like we've know each other forever. Not a day went by that he didn't make me laugh my butt off and he'd always tell me, "I'm going to have to start charging you for making you laugh." That was one of the many things I loved instantly about him, that he could crack me up. At one point my Mom asked me if he was a comedian. LOL

After the million phone calls and texts exchanged in those weeks, I knew that at some point we were going to have to meet, just that when he brought it up I always changed the conversation. Finally he picked a day and I chose the place. Friday, February 24th, 2012 8ish pm at Starbucks. Figured if he didn't like me, he'd only have wasted the 5 bucks.

 Getting ready was a disaster because I was housesitting for the boss that week and only had the option to wear what was in my bag so I really had to get creative and driving an hour and half to go home and then come back north was not an option. I ended up putting together blue jeans and a beige top with a black cardigan and copper sandals. (He wore blue jeans a grey shirt and black sneakers.) Yep..I still remember. While getting ready I was calm, felt confident, was not nervous, I felt as if I was ready to conquer the world. The drive there wasn't too bad either until....I drove into the shopping center. Now I was a nervous wreck! It had just then hit me that I was going to meet Ron. I made it about 15 mins earlier than we had scheduled which was great so it gave me time to touch up my hair, makeup and attempt to relax. So I sat in the car and took deep breathes and tried to calm myself down but it just wasn't working. As time quickly passed by he texted me to tell me he finally arrived and wanted to check on my status. I totally ignored his text, and he later  called. I told him that I had just pulled up to the shopping center and that I needed a few minutes to calm my nerves. His response, "If you don't come to me, I'll go get you". Say what?! So I got out of the car and walked towards him, and I froze for a bit, must have turned a million shades of red we walked into Starbucks he ordered my coffee we sat and HE spoke I just smiled and blushed. After a few minutes I was feeling a bit more relaxed and we took a walk and talked some more until about 2 am and then went home.  I'd say Our first date went pretty well, oh and i got the sweetest good night kiss. As per him, "I was HIS the moment he stole that kiss". :)

Lastnight we relived our first date minus the nervousness and getting home passed 2am. There were many smiles, laughter, lots of blushing and still a million butterflies. He concluded saying, "Only tonight, You're my wife and I get to take you home with me."

 
 
 
What was your first date like?

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! My first date with my husband was awesome. We went apple picking, climbed trees, had a late lunch and hit a coffee shop. We actually closed down the coffee shop and then talked outside for hours. It was a 10 hour marathon date. I knew that date there was something special. Almost 5 years later and I still get those butterflies! Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete