Tuesday, February 26, 2013

LOOK at ME NOW...

This weekend I went out shopping as much as I dislike shopping, I'm in need of a new pair of jeans so I really had no choice. I came across a few but if there's something I learned from watching, "What Not to Wear" is that if you got junk in your trunk don't wear shorts/jeans or anything with small pockets as it will make your tush look bigger. So jean shopping for me was a total FAIL!  The Huns jumped to the rescue and picked out some bright coral salmon peachy "LOOK at ME NOW" looking capri shorts and said Babe I think you I would look great in these. (Umm...those who know me, know that I like to be invisible, the only things I own that are bright and poppy and that stand out are shoes, bags and accessories.) I tried to argue myself out of getting them but the Huns told me to trust him, and I took them without even trying them on...besides if they didn't fit I wouldn't miss them at all, said the little devil on my right shoulder. 
 
Now that I have the bottoms, I need a shirt that would go with them. We walked next door to Old Navy and as I looked around there was nothing I loved (the Huns once told me not to buy something unless I totally love it, best advice ever!)  that would go with the capris. The Huns picked out this black and beige polka dot blouse, my eyeballs popped out as I stared  at that thing and nicely said; "Ummm babe, I don't really do polka dots". Bright shorts and polka dots...are you serious?! You might as well send me to the Circus. Why can't I just find regular blue jeans and dark top that won't make me stand out in the crowd, I thought to myself. Luckily for me, the blouse didn't fit, and I suggested we go to Target and just pick up a regular top that I know will fit. Of course when I get there, they don't have my size so I took the next size down and turns out shirt fit pretty nice. Yay for fitting into a size smaller top!All along in my mind I pictured myself wearing a black top, black sandals, with gold accessories, minus the salmon looking shorts of course. At the end of the night, it turned out that once I put it all together, I totally loved the bright LOOK at ME NOW capris and am looking forward to owning a different color!
 
Who knew I had my very own fashion consultant.
Best of all, the complete outfit with shoes and accessories totaled to less than $100.
 
How else would you have worn these capris?
 
 

Shorts: from Ross
Top & Black and Gold Sandals: Mossimo from Target
Accessories: Target
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Libby!!! Get ready for spring by adding some yellow top and even some greens!!!

    I've stayed away from the malls and stores because I'm trying to wear more of the clothes in my closet and since these don't fit me...the struggle to get to the gym has been a hard process....
    xoxo
    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete